CLASS ATTENDANCE SUE CAMERON - SUITABLE FOR BEGINNER TO ADVANCED QUILTERS (R500.00)
Printable Requirements List Click Here
Sue Cameron is an international award-winning master quilter with a passion for fabric and what can be done with it. An SAQG Accredited Quilt Teacher, Sue has been teaching quilting for 15 years and believes that the classroom should be a relaxed and happy place where learning new things is a joy for everyone in the class.
TWO DAY CLASS SHEER INSANITY (LEVEL - ALL)
In this class, students will be encouraged to delve into their creativity while learning quick and easy techniques for working with sheer fabrics. Tulle, chiffon and organza will become putty in the students’ hands as they create a little masterpiece with meaning. Students will learn simple ways of adding text to fabric while exploring the ideas of perspective, transparency and shading. Sheer Insanity is a wonderful class for anyone wanting to expand their repertoire of skills.
- Sewing machine in good working order including the small table that came with the machine.
- Sewing machine user manual and list of stitches
- Extension flex and adaptor
- All the feet for the sewing machine including an open toe appliqué foot, a quarter inch foot and a walking foot (if possible)
- Microtex needles (size 75 or 80)
- Denim needles (size 80)
- Neutral thread for piecing
- 100% cotton fabric in four colours which look great together. A light and a medium and a dark of each colour. A fat or a long quarter will be more than adequate. Sue suggests a combination of hand-dyed and batik fabrics. However, anything goes. This is a great opportunity to work in a limited colour palette.
- Chiffon and organza and/or tulle in colours that will co-ordinate or contrast happily with the cotton fabrics. There will be a small selection available in the classroom. Sue often uses bits and pieces of old chiffon saris.
- Any other sheer fabric that may be fun to add to the piece.
- Some printer paper for design purposes.
- An A4 pad of tracing paper
- Soft B Pencils, sharpener and eraser
- A pack of appliqué paper (optional)
- Stitch and Tear stabilizer (essential for this class)
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter and spare blade
- 24 inch or 12 inch ruler
- A few spools of machine stitching thread that will co-ordinate with the fabrics chosen, including a variegated thread that will “talk to” the fabrics (optional).
- If the student likes hand stitching with embroidery threads or adding embellishments such as yarns, beads and buttons, they should bring those along, too. Students should stick to the limited colour palette chosen and not bring along too many options.
- Paper Scissors, fabric scissors and small sharp pointed scissors.
- Regular sewing supplies such as pins, unpicker, hand sewing needles, etc.
- 50cms of quilt batting for design wall – students should only bring what they have at home.